
Have no followers yet...that's real sad. Follow me Follow me, seems like I am so used to saying that as a mom. What is it with Summer? It went from being a favorite season to a hated season. Why? You may ask. CHILDREN. I love them, we all do, don't we? They live for the Summer. They get stir crazy hyper. We get lazy and exhausted. Ahhh the Summer time; as you get into your teens/college yrs it means no responsibility, no homework, no consequences (so we think). Concerts, vacation, laying out, drinks with friends, no school, cute beach bodies, hot lifeguards, parties, I could go on and on and on. Then I had kids...and they live to be out of school and I begin to love school. I can't lay out bc I'm constantly chasing them by the pool or helping them swim in the pool. Forget the cocktail via poolside...my 2/3 yr old freaks out when she sees bright drinkable colors. Oh yeah and that beach body I once had, ha it's now walking around on my 5-6 yr old. The only concert I will hear is on a dvd player in the backseat sung by princesses. Just when I think I may be seasonly depressed, they decide to take my favorite show go off the air for the entire Summer labeling it "Season Finale". So not only is it not on air, I now have to stress over my favorite character, is she dead, alive, divorced, or pregnant?! (As if there wasn't enough anxiety going on already from Summer.) So then I begin to look for other outlets, a women's bible study and low and behold, they cancel daycare at the church over the Summer. WHY? Seems like to me that's when a mom needs God the most. School's out, so how does that make sense? Why couldn't life be set up for a long Fall or Spring Break? Why a Summer break? Why take everything away from us after teaching us it's the season of Freedom? They even threw the 4th of July in there to make it SCREAM Freedom. Only to have you grow up one day to fall flat on your face and realize no one told you this would happen and to cherish it while it lasted. And that sooner than we realize we will be stuck looking ridiculous to our teenagers trying to reminise on a Summer of when we were really "cool"and "rebellious". After that we will have our freedom back for good, but will be slaves to our bodies. Thanks to the wrinkles, saggy boobs, leather tans, sun spots, spider veins, and aching bodies. To which we will not be able to be free at all bc of all of our medical conditions. So I guess I should say, Here's to this right now, bc at some point I will look back and want to have what I have right now...bc that's how life rolls.

You sure do make cute babies!
ReplyDelete